Carolina's CJ topic is answered prayer and here is my entry.


And here is the journaling if you are interested.
This isn’t a testimony of answered prayer as such, but a testimony of God’s love and how he cares about the little things and honours us when we listen to and obey him. My husband and girls were to be away on a camping trip and I was all fired up to get stuck into my scrapbooking. Monday morning came and I felt the Lord say to me “Do the weeding first, then clean the house ready for the rent inspection and then you are free to
scrapbook” My gardens were so bad that I thought it would take me all week and I only really had Monday and Tuesday because I was working the rest of the week. Anyways.. I was sitting in the garden for half an hour feeling very overwhelmed when I had this thought pop into my head to get help with the garden. So I enlisted help from four of our youth group. They were absolutely amazing. Their attitudes and perseverence blew me away....we weeded for 5 hours straight and got it all done in one day. Then came to Tuesday. I had to clean my house to my landlords standard....you know like clean the shower and all those horrid jobs. It took me til 4pm to do everything so by this stage I was getting all down thinking that I had to work for the rest of the week and my scrapping time had gone. Then, my friend Errin came over at 4pm for a quick cuppa. I asked her if she wanted to scrap with me and she got all excited. Errin is usually really tired after work but wasn't this time. Praise God! I got 6 layouts done in one night!! I NEVER do more than 2 in a night or day! I believe because I obeyed the Lord and sacrificed my time to weed and clean BEFORE I scrapped he gave me my time back and enabled me to do six in one night, instead of six in 3 days! I am totally blown away at how God cares about us and how he blows our socks off with blessing if we just follow him and choose to obey him.
Gayle
oh yeh...and the digital kit I used is The Promise Collection by Shabby Princess

5 comments:
Brilliant entry Gayle. Love your journalling. Can't wait to see this CJ when it makes it rounds here. Must be time for a catch up again soon too.
So pretty!!
Wow that is such a nice LO Gayle! Great journalling too! Thanks for sharing!
Katie :)
Oh WOW!!! Carol is going to be blown away, it's gorgeous Gayle love. :-)
Have lobed just sitting here today reading over your posts, being challenged and encouraged by your journaling mate and seeing all your wonderful layouts. Your walk of faith continues to inspire me each new day.
Thanks lovely Gayle!
Love Lus x
Post a Comment