Gayle’s Scrapbooking

Monday, August 31, 2009

What's your Style?

Is there a certain style or page layout for scrapbooking that you seem to keep going to?? There is for me and it is frustrating me!
I do a lot of 'L' shaped layouts with a strip of PP down the left of the page then ribbon or embellishements down the botton going to the right. I was trying so hard today not to do ANOTHER one..my first layout I succeeded but my second one I just ended up giving in. If you scroll through my blog you will get an idea of what I mean.

Here are todays 2 layouts using some of my new papers :)

I will be teaching 3 classes at the Scrappin' Outback retreat this year. My Friday arvo class is ready to go but I am yet to design my other 2. I am inlove with the papers I have here to use though...will drool over them for a bit longer ;)

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

They both look great Gayle.
And yep - I know what you mean about sticking with a certain style - I do that too. I've recently (well as recently as a few weeks ago, when I last scrapped) been using sketches as a starting point. I find it really helps to "break out of the mould" so to speak.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your classes at the retreat Gayle. Your 'style' sounds very familiar and something that I have been grappling with for awhile now - so hard to break out of your comfort zone, especially if it works!!
Ann S

Allison said...

Beautiful Layouts Gayle....yes it is so easy to stick with one design and find myself doing it over and over....but I don't mind...I enjoy the process lol

Anonymous said...

Lovely layouts Gayle : ) I always seem to be drawn to your layouts.
I can't wait to see your kits for the retreat - I can't make it (***sad eyes***) but I will be buying some kits to do when I allocate some 'me' time into the calendar of life!
Nadene