Gayle’s Scrapbooking

Friday, May 20, 2011

Dan Paris Photography Workshops

I saw this advertised in todays paper and thought I'd love to go...if I'm allowed that is.
Anyone else in Esperance interested? Below the poster is an email I just got from Dan with more details :)



Hi Gayle,
I've attached a flyer with a little more detail. The idea of these workshops is to learn and have a heap of fun.

The beginners course is perfect for those with little or no experience. You don't need a fancy camera either... anything will do.
I keep the class size to a max of 15 so I can individually show everyone the functions on their camera and how to use them in different situations.

The advanced course is tailored ideally for those who have some experience and would like to learn more from a technical and philosophical perspective. A beginner would still fit in to this class quite comfortably, but less time will be spent on the basics and more on the creative side of photography.

The two day course is for all levels of experience but we spend time documenting the sunset, sunrise and night photography which is really great fun. It's best to have tripod for this one, but not essential. You'll need enough food and camp gear for one night, and of course a bottle of you're favourite.

Each day begins with a chat about photography accompanied with a few images, then it's hands on to put it all into practice. Depending on the weather, we'll set off to explore anything we can find from the coast to the wildflowers. And learn how to take great photo's of them.

The first dates are:

Beginners Sat 23rd of July
Advanced Sun 24th of July
Overnight Sat & Sun 30th & 31st of July

Once these fill we'll offer the same 3 courses again in august if these dates don't suit you.

Also, for those who would like to be involved, Esperance Community Arts and myself will run and exhibition of the favourite pieces taken by participants during the workshops. We were thinking of displaying this at the spring arts event at Monjingup Lake in september. I'll talk more about this during the course.

On the day, I'll have a few free seats in my car but if people could bring a vehicle and some lunch that would be great.

... I think that's it! If there's anything I can help with please let me know.

cheers
dan

0 comments: